Monday, May 4, 2009

Taming of the Shrew



Taming of the Shrew

On December 19th, 2008, I went to the school play called, "Taming of the Shrew" with my friend Cindy in the evening. The play was held in the NFLS auditorium. I chose this performance because people told me that last year’s school play, Romeo and Juliet was a success so I thought this year’s school play also should be great.


Watching this performance was really enjoyable. I like this play, because the actors and actresses performed very real, especially when the main actress, Cherry shouted to her husband. I thought the play was very boring in the beginning with only Queens and Kings talking. Yet, later on I thought this play was interesting to watch, because the play made the original play funnier, such as when one couple was kissing, they purposely exaggerated. These kinds of exaggerations developed my interest in Shake spere's plays. There was one thing that I did not like about the play was that I could not heare th speakers’ voices very clearly from my seat.

All in all, Taming of the Shrew was a great play to watch and I enjoyed it very much. The artistic significance of the background made me feel to volunteer for painting next year and the cultural significance of the play developed my interest in two areas. One was acting for a play and the other one was being more interested to Shake sphere’s play.

No comments: