Talent Show
I played piano in the Talent Show on Monday, 6th October 2008 in Nanjing Foreign Language School lecture hall. The piece of music I played was Variations on the Canon written byPachelbel George Winston. I got to know about the talent show from Ms Bartell, my planning teacher. When I first heard about the show, I was not that interested because I have not played piano in front of many people. However, later on, I thought this would be a great chance to perform in front of many people, so I signed up.
I had trouble choosing the piece of music I wanted to play for the show, because there were too many to choose from. Finally, I made up my mind and choose Cannon, because its tune was beautiful and was not very difficult to play. I planned to practice this music everyday for one hour after school so that I would not make mistake in the actual show. However, I did not follow my plan and barely practiced until the day before the show. I felt really guilty and could not go to sleep on that night.
The show began with emcees introducing the talent show. I sat in the first row waiting for my turn to perform. Strange to say, I felt very calm and was enjoying the show even when the emcees mentioned my name. I walked up to the stage and started to play the music and everything was just fine. Then, in the middle of the song, I made a mistake and for once I thought my hand was frozen because it did not move! I took a deep breath and calmed myself to go on with my music. I made several more mistakes later on, but I could pace myself. Finally I finished playing the music and bowed to the audience feeling at ease and fulfilled.
From this experience, I learned that I should always follow the plan I made and not procrastinate. I could have done much better if I had practiced more. I realized that the old saying, practice makes it perfect was actually true. Next time, if I have a chance to perform, I will follow the first plan and practice a lot. I also think I will handle better with stage frights next time, since I have experienced it
I played piano in the Talent Show on Monday, 6th October 2008 in Nanjing Foreign Language School lecture hall. The piece of music I played was Variations on the Canon written byPachelbel George Winston. I got to know about the talent show from Ms Bartell, my planning teacher. When I first heard about the show, I was not that interested because I have not played piano in front of many people. However, later on, I thought this would be a great chance to perform in front of many people, so I signed up.
I had trouble choosing the piece of music I wanted to play for the show, because there were too many to choose from. Finally, I made up my mind and choose Cannon, because its tune was beautiful and was not very difficult to play. I planned to practice this music everyday for one hour after school so that I would not make mistake in the actual show. However, I did not follow my plan and barely practiced until the day before the show. I felt really guilty and could not go to sleep on that night.
The show began with emcees introducing the talent show. I sat in the first row waiting for my turn to perform. Strange to say, I felt very calm and was enjoying the show even when the emcees mentioned my name. I walked up to the stage and started to play the music and everything was just fine. Then, in the middle of the song, I made a mistake and for once I thought my hand was frozen because it did not move! I took a deep breath and calmed myself to go on with my music. I made several more mistakes later on, but I could pace myself. Finally I finished playing the music and bowed to the audience feeling at ease and fulfilled.
From this experience, I learned that I should always follow the plan I made and not procrastinate. I could have done much better if I had practiced more. I realized that the old saying, practice makes it perfect was actually true. Next time, if I have a chance to perform, I will follow the first plan and practice a lot. I also think I will handle better with stage frights next time, since I have experienced it
No comments:
Post a Comment