Guitar Club
There were many interesting clubs but of all the fascinating clubs, I chose to attend two clubs called guitar club and leadership club. The guiar club left me deep impression. In the club I met many helpful and kind people. We were all together because of the same interest which is playing guitar. I took this class every Tuesday afternoon in 10-D classroom with other Korean friends, Tom and Martin. Thanks to this experience of attending the guitar club, I learned a lot about guitar, gained my insights during and after this process and learned some very useful skills to work effectively and safely with other students at GCA.
From this club, I learned a lot about guitar. I can now hold a guitar properly and know all the string names. There are six strings in a guitar and we can make different kind of sound by pressing different parts of the strings. With my experience playing piano before, I found many common points between the guitar and the piano. Both instruments are played with fingers and the sounds are made by touching the string. I am happy that now I can play two kinds of instrument.
The insights I gained about myself from this club is that I also have perseverance. In the past, I thought I had absolutely no perseverance. I could not do something for a long time with endurance. I have never carried on writing diaries or have memorized new words daily, and thought I did not have any perseverance. However, I continued attending the club even though sometimes I did not want to. I have carried on something for a two terms! From this, I now know that I myself also have perseverance.
The skills I learned to work effectively and safely with other students at GCA is humor. In the beginning, there were many students whom I do not know but later on, one by one, all the members of the clubs became my friends. During the process of making club friends, I found out that using humor is the best way to narrow the distance between strangers. When I became friends with all the members, we naturally could work effectively and safely.
As a conclusion, I have learned some important skills and things about myself from the guitar club. I had a wonderful time with all my club members and learned many valuable things during the two terms of attending guitar club. There were many strengths and weaknesses of the group. The main strength of the club was that the club members could communicate with each other safely and effectively. The main weakness was that the progress of the class was too slow. This guitar club is benefiting to GCA by making GCA students be in harmony.
No comments:
Post a Comment