On 24th of December, 2008, I went to a restaurant called ‘My Place’ with Felicia, Alice from grade 12, Alice from grade 10, Winona and Frank Wu. The restaurant was located on Shan Xi Road, near Hu Nan Road and our group decided to meet at Shi Zi Qiao on 7 o’clock to go there together since we did not know where it was. We chose this restaurant because the grade 12 mentor, Alice knew manager, Mr. John very well. When we arrived at the restaurant, the employee greeted us kindly. The restaurant looked rather like a normal western house. We went to the second floor in a room to have the dinner. While we walked up to the second floor, we enjoyed looking at the photographs that hung on the wall.
We had a course menu, bread, salad, spaghetti and steak. We did not have a chance to look at the menu since the grade 12 mentors had reserved the food in advance. Our main dish was steak. Bread was firstly served with butter. Then the salad came out. It was neither delicious nor disgusting, it tasted so so. Next, there was big dish of spaghetti. I had to take some from the big dish to my plate since we had to share the spaghetti. The spaghetti was very delicious and was similar to Chinese spaghetti. We had to wait for a while to enjoy the main dish. While we were talking, Mr. John came in to have a light conversation. Finally, the main dish, steak came out. It looked delicious with chips beside it. The steak sauce tasted delicious, but the steak was too stiff for me to eat. I enjoyed eating most of the food and my favorite food was the spaghetti.
Overall, the atmosphere of the restaurant was fine and the service was excellent. However, I found it very boring to eat in this restaurant because I found nothing new to me since I have eaten western food before many times. I strongly recommend this restaurant if you want to eat orthodox western food. On the other hand, if you are a person who likes to chase a different kind of styles which are unordinary, like me, I do not recommend this restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment